Vlieseline is a brand of iron-on. Iron-on is a fabric used primarily to reinforce, stabilize and give shape to your sewing projects.
Here's how to use Vlieseline or iron-on:
- Decide what thickness of Vlieseline you need depending on the fabric and the effect you want to achieve.
- Cut the Vlieseline to the desired size and shape.
- Place the Vlieseline on the wrong side of the fabric.
- Cover the iron-on with parchment paper to protect your iron.
- Iron the fabric and the Vlieseline together to secure the Vlieseline in place (iron the fabric six times without steam). You can do this for 12 seconds.
- Sew the fabric as you normally would.
Which iron-on to choose?
There are different kinds of interlinings that adapt to the fabric to be stabilized. Here are the different types of interlining to always have at home:
- The H200 :
Vlieseline H200 fusible interlining is a non-woven interlining made of synthetic fibres. It is light, with a fairly firm hold while avoiding the deformation of your creations. This interlining is ideal for small inserts in blouses or other garments such as collars, cuffs, facings , etc.
- The G700 :
The versatile fusible interfacing G 700 in mid-weight cotton is perfect for giving hold to your blouses, buttoned shirts, etc.